Happy Independence Day, veggie-lovers! Wanted to share one of my favorite dessert recipes with you today… my favorite kind of ice cream, the kind you can even have for breakfast! How’s that, you ask? Well, this creamy RED, WHITE & BLUEberry ice cream only has 3 simple ingredients. I kid you not – bananas, cherries and blueberries.
So enjoy the day with friends, family, and loved ones… celebrate the brave men who have fought to keep our country free. Throw some veggies on the grill, maybe cook up some sloppy joes, and finish it off by indulging in this creamy and delicious dessert.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup cherries, frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Cut up the bananas into 1-inch slices, and place in the freezer for about 4 hours (or overnight).
- Place about ½ of the frozen bananas into the food processor, and let blend until creamy and smooth. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Add the frozen cherries and about ½ of the remaining bananas to the food processor, and blend until smooth. Place this mixture at the base of a mason jar.
- Add the banana ice cream on top of the cherry-banana mixture.
- Finally, blend the blueberries and remaining bananas in the food processor. Place on the top of the banana mixture.
- Top it off by sprinkling some blueberries over your ice cream, and enjoy in your red, white & blue dessert!